PRESS RELEASES« Back
Mondelēz International Employees Journey to Cocoa Life Communities for Skills-Exchange Mission
“The Joy Ambassador program supports our ongoing commitment to empower people to snack right by building a cocoa world that delivers positive impact for people and planet,” said Sarah Delea, President of the Mondelēz
During their journey, the Ambassadors immerse themselves in the communities and culture by working on the cocoa farms, helping with harvesting, meeting important stakeholders in the Ghanaian cocoa industry and volunteering in local schools. They also develop and deliver workshops to help farming communities increase their business knowledge and capacity in community-identified development areas such as strategy development, influence and communication, finance, stakeholder management and marketing.
Now in its fifth year, the program is funded by the Mondelēz
The 2018 Class of Joy Ambassadors is:
- Colin Antoni, Plant Manager — Australia
- Chelsea Briner, Associate Director, Shelf Availability — United States
- Betina Corbellini, Human Resources Business Lead, Supply Chain, Latin America — Brazil
- Caroline Decker, Senior Manager, Global Strategy — United States
- Stefka Ivanova, Category Planning Manager, South Central Europe — Bulgaria
- Kalshelia Lloyd, Associate Director, Marketing Gum Equity — United States
- Joaquin Petroni, Senior Counsel, Southern Cone — Argentina
- Ricardo Quintero, Senior Group Leader, Research, Development & Quality — Colombia
- Dara Kasouaher, Director Tax Transfer Pricing — United States
- Michelle Santillan, Category Marketing Manager, Chocolate — Philippines
- Andre Silva, Associate Director, Supply Chain Management — Brazil
- Ilona Simcoe, Quality Manager — Canada
- Herb Smith, Manager Cocoa Chocolate & Nuts Sourcing — United States
- Marcelo Trez, Sales Associate Director, Modern Trade — Brazil
- David Whitworth, Manager FP&A Overheads — United Kingdom
As one of the world's largest chocolate companies, Mondelēz International is committed to ensuring a sustainable cocoa supply chain through Cocoa Life. Launched in 2012, the program is investing
The company will highlight the experiences of the Joy Ambassadors on www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational and www.twitter.com/mdlz during and after the journey. Visit the 2017 Impact for Growth Progress Report to learn more about Mondelēz International's impact strategies and programs.
About Mondelēz International
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/5f19e4de-41fa-414a-8946-0cae2c747b62
The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com, and via AP PhotoExpress.
Source: Mondelez International, Inc.